TERMS OF SERVICE
We (the folks at Chapter EAA 430) run a blog called eaa430.org and would love for you to use it. Our service is free and is designed to provide you with valuable resources and articles relevant to the nonprofit sector.
(Note, the below Terms of Service (ToS) available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to steal this ToS and repurpose it for your own use, just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you. If you use this, please consider placing a link somewhere on your site to TopNonprofits.com and WordPress.com (who’s similarly licensed Terms of Service was used to build this one).
TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Chapter EAA 430, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you contribute to the blog, comment on the blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Chapter EAA 430 or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Chapter EAA 430 for inclusion on the Website, you grant Chapter EAA 430 a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content. If you delete Content, Chapter EAA 430 will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Chapter EAA 430 has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Chapter EAA 430’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Chapter EAA 430’ reasonable opinion, violates any EAA policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Top Nonprofit’s sole discretion. Chapter EAA 430 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors.Chapter EAA 430 has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Chapter EAA 430 does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Chapter EAA 430 disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites.We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Eaa430.org links, and that link to TopNonprofits.com. Chapter EAA 430 does not have any control over these websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Chapter EAA 430 website or webpage, Chapter EAA 430 does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Chapter EAA 430 disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Chapter EAA 430 websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.As Chapter EAA 430 asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Eaa430.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Chapter EAA 430 in accordance with Chapter EAA 430’ Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Chapter EAA 430 will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Chapter EAA 430 will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Chapter EAA 430 or others. In the case of such termination, Chapter EAA 430 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Chapter EAA 430.
- Intellectual Property.This Agreement does not transfer from Chapter EAA 430 to you any Chapter EAA 430 or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Chapter EAA 430. Chapter EAA 430, EAA, and the Eaa430.org logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of EAA or Chapter EAA 430. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Chapter EAA 430 or third-party trademarks.
- Chapter EAA 430 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Chapter EAA 430 may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Chapter EAA 430 may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Eaa430.orgaccount (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. EAA 430 can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.The Website is provided “as is”. Chapter EAA 430 and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Chapter EAA 430 nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability.In no event will Chapter EAA 430, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Chapter EAA 430 under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Chapter EAA 430 shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Chapter EAA 430, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Chapter EAA 430 and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Chapter EAA 430, or by the posting by Chapter EAA 430 of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Denver County, Colorado. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Denver, Colorado, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Chapter EAA 430 may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
No changes to date
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Chapter EAA 430 we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
Chapter EAA 430. (“Chapter EAA 430”) operates www.eaa430.org It is Chapter EAA 430’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, Chapter EAA 430 collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Chapter EAA 430’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Chapter EAA 430’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Chapter EAA 430 may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Chapter EAA 430 also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments. Chapter EAA 430 only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Chapter EAA 430’ website choose to interact with Chapter EAA 430 in ways that require Chapter EAA 430 to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Chapter EAA 430 gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with Chapter EAA 430 are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Chapter EAA 430 collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Chapter EAA 430. Chapter EAA 430 does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Chapter EAA 430 may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. For instance, Chapter EAA 430 may monitor the most popular posts on Eaa430.organd may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Chapter EAA 430 does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Chapter EAA 430 discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Chapter EAA 430’ behalf or to provide services available at Chapter EAA 430’ website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Chapter EAA 430’ will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Chapter EAA 430 discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Chapter EAA 430 believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Chapter EAA 430, third parties or the public at large. Chapter EAA 430 takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Chapter EAA 430, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Chapter EAA 430 goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Chapter EAA 430 may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
No changes to date.